Exhibition Proposal Submissions
If you would like to be considered for an exhibition of your work, please send a written package to the curator, following the outlined requirements below.
We receive numerous exhibition requests throughout the year, and a board reviews submissions on a twice a year basis (February & September). The Georgina Arts Centre & Gallery plans its exhibitions well in advance, aiming to have an upcoming exhibition schedule in place for the next 3 years. This provides us with sufficient time to plan and organize major exhibitions as well as related educational, marketing and fundraising initiatives.
Required Submission Package for The Georgina Arts Centre & Gallery
To build your Submission Package, you will need:
- 8 to 12 images of your work (jpg’s only) on CD or DVD. Be sure to save files as follows: 01TitleYourLastname.jpg, 02TitleYourLastname.jpg, etc.
- An accompanying list of works that includes title, medium, dimensions, year and price
- A brief artists statement (maximum 250 words)
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A Letter of intent
- If you would like the material returned to you, include a self-addressed, postage paid return envelope
1. Submissions will not be returned without a return envelope.
2. When a submission is accepted and an exhibition date has been scheduled, the artist(s) must sign the contract with the Georgina Arts Centre & Gallery at least 6 months (180 days) before the opening date. We reserve the right to cancel an exhibition for which the contract is not signed.
The Georgina Arts Centre has a number of exhibition types for which artists can submit their work:
- The Gallery Shoppe has a year-long contract where 2-4 pieces can be displayed (maximum to total of 4 sq. ft). There is a nominal contract/commission fee and the intake, once accepted, is immediate.
- A solo and/or shared “themed” exhibit in the Main Gallery. This is a longer process (the GAC is currently booking exhibits into 2017), but there is no submission/contract fee, only a commission upon sales.
- A Juried Competition every fall which any artist can enter in any medium.
- Satellite Galleries, located off-site in places such as the Georgina Libraries.