Words and Images: Lit-Art
Words and Images: Lit-Art is a collaboration of local artists who contribute original written works and visual artists working in mixed genres and mediums; the visual artists will create original pieces inspired by the written word.
- Writers can submit a poem or a short story (<2500 words), one per writer. Up to 16 submissions will be chosen to go to the next stage.
- The deadline for submissions is Monday, November 25 2019.
- You can email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop them off at the front desk of the GAC.
- A list of titles and authors of submissions is available HERE, and printed copies will be available at the front desk. You should also have received the file by email.
- Visual artists will choose one written work to be the basis of an artwork. The visual artist must communicate with the curator (Ewa Chwojko) to ratify their choice. Each written work can be chosen by up to 2 visual artists.
- NOTE: Ratification is done on a first come first serve basis. Once a written work has two requests, it is taken off the list. The list can be viewed HERE. It will be kept up to date.
- Maximum size is 24″ x 24″ for anything that will hang on a wall. Free-standing artworks must respect the same maximum of 24″ in any axis.
- The deadline for visual work submission is Friday, January 17 2020.
There will be an exhibition of written works and visual artworks in the Alcove Gallery from January 26th, 2020 to February 23rd, 2020.
There will be a Festival Performance on Sunday, February 16 @2pm, where each writer will talk for a moment about their work, then read it to the audience. Each visual artist who has chosen that work will then stand by their creation and explain what in the writing motivated them to develop their visual work.
It’s the Juried Art Show!!
“All That I Love”
What do you love? Travel? Your grandkids? Animals? A hamburger and fries? A vacation? Your work? Probably all of the above! So how would you express all of this in one work of art? There’s your challenge!
The closing date for submissions is December 3, 2019.
The exhibition runs Dec. 15 2019 – Jan. 19 2020.
The opening reception is on Dec. 15, 1pm – 3 pm.
Download the brochure here. You can also pick up a copy at the Georgina Arts Centre.